How to Fix External SD Card Cannot Write Caused by Corrupt File on Android Device

THE CASE

It happens few weeks ago actually on my Android smartphone, my microSD Card was suddenly error can not do write operations (it cannot make file, delete, move, compress, etc...). It will appear warning like "operation error" or "operation is not permitted" or "SD card are mounted read only" or "operation not possible" (depend on what application used) when trying did those operation. Then I restart my Android device, it back normal and no problem, but after few minutes the problem cannot write is back. And so that things happen repeatedly. My SD card is just 4 months old, and I just said to myself "Oh nooooo.... my precious 32 GB SD card /°_°\ ".

THE CAUSED

Evidently, there is corrupt files (broken files / unfinished operation files) contained on my microSD Card located on storage/extSdCard/PSP/SAVEDATA/ directory. This is corrupt files indeed because i can spot it in a second by its odds name, size, and it's just different compared to other PPSSPP savedata files. "It is PPSSPP savedata's, why it exist on external SD card not internal?" Because i had using Foldermount app to link it to external microSD Card.

THE SOLUTION

Well I'm not giving up :v . Then I try one by one all application for SD card tools and untill finally I stop at "ANDROID PARTITION TOOL" app.

Requirements:
- Rooted.
- Update Latest BUSYBOX.
- ANDROID PARTITION TOOL app.
- Brain :v

Before, I don't know that it caused by corrupt files. But after I used the "Fix" feature on Android Partition Tool app, then I start to know that the culprit is the corrupt PPSSPP savedata files.

Open the Android Partiton Tool and tap on "Tool" tab. Because our (if) micro SD Card is still not partitied yet so it just appear one part, tick the "Part 1". Tap on the menu list bottom -> "Fix" -> "Apply" to start the process. After it applied then it will appear a report text. Now there we must carefully read the report text to find the reason why our SD card is error. At that time, I find error logs on storage/extSdCard/PSP/Savedata/. So I just straight reboot my Android smartphone and after reboot I quickly find the corrupt files based on the Android Partition Tool app report text and delete them immediately before the error came again. And finally my microSD Card is back to normal without problem untill now :D.




THE CONCLUSION

I don't know what is exactly the caused the corrupt files is created (in this case the corrupt files is PPSSPP savedata's). This is just newbie hiphotesist, so DEVs please don't laught to hard :v

  1. Maybe it is because i had link the SdCard/PSP/ folder ke storage/extSdCard/PSP/ using foldermount. The conclusion is we cannot just link any folder / directory as we want. It is just safe to link folder from internal to external using foldermount only for static folder (the content is not easily changes), and not dinamic folder (not safe). Example static folder is the OBB folder on app, because the OBB file on an app or game is just functioned for "read" purpose by it app / game.
  2. Or maybe it caused because when the save process on PPSSPP is working, I accidentally interrupt it by quitting from the PPSSPP app and so the corrupt files created. Notice the warning "Saving game. Please do not turn off ...". This things is real happen in the real game console like Playstation's. But I don't know if it can happen on an emulator too

Share this

Daryadi

Just a simple man with simple hobbies like playing games, listening music, and read about new things. Enjoying blogging as hobby since 2014 and later caught interest playing with his first Android smartphone since 2015, he then combined the two hobbies on this blog and it is a great time killer for him.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

Good reader make a good comment! If there is a mistake or broken link, please add a comment...